FLEXIS is a truly dynamic IPD, a procedure that is approved for use by NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence). The Principle behind the device is that by distracting the stenotic spinal segment, the symptoms of the lumbar spinal stenosis can be relieved.
DISTRACTION between spinous processes
- Decreases the pressure between the articular facets and the intervertebral space.
- Increases tension in neighbouring tissues (capsules and ligaments) and helps to restore stability.
- Makes the adjacent level to the osteosynthesis more stable and protects it in the long run.
The design of the Flexis allows it to be quickly and easily inserted, and will ensure intervertebral stability and keep mobility; please view the video clips below. The device is adapted to the physiological movement. The two cylinders prevent dislocation, and there are stabilisation edges for better anchorage. The Flexis is made of PEEK (poly ether ether ketone) and is available in various sizes to meet the anatomical requirements of every patient.
Advantages of the inter-spinous device when compared to traditional surgery for lumbar spine:
- Low Risk Operation
- Shorter surgical time
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Preserve FLEXIBILITY
- Preserve MOBILITY (flexion)
- Faster rehabilitation
- Cost effective Surgery
The FLEXIS device and motion schematics can be viewed on the website: